- Jan 24 – Throw inexcusable pick to blow Vikings Super Bowl chances.
- Jan 25 – Announce that “It’s highly unlikely” you’ll come back to play again in 2010.
- Feb 1 – Get interviewed for Peter King’s MMQB column. Tell him “no decision” has been made, but “Deanna and I are going home to Mississippi” and give it some thought. Fish for compliments by telling King how banged up I am. Be sure to mention that this gets harder every year.
- Feb 1-9 – Quality time with family. Also monitor the web for speculation about my future.
- Feb 10 – Leak to John Clayton I’m retiring.
- Feb 11 – Deny reports about my retirement.
- Feb 15 – Formally announce my retirement in teary press conference. Don’t forget to say “I don’t have anything left” and “I gave it everything I had.”
- Feb 15-19 - Keep schedule clear to watch “Brett Favre Tribute Week” on ESPN. TiVo same on NFL Net.
- March 1 – Call Adam Schefter to start “second thoughts” rumors.
- March 2 – Deny second thoughts.
- March 15 – Dinner with Chilly.
- March 16 – Call Minneapolis Star Tribune. Say “This is the best I’ve felt in 10 years.”
- March 20 – Call in with “Mike & Mike.” Insist you’re not coming back but if you did you could compete at a high level.
- April 22-24 – NFL Draft. Encourage Chilly to draft a QB because you’re done.
- April 30-May 3 - Skip mini camp.
- May 30 – Have agent call Zigi Wulf re: new contract.
- June 1 – Tell Jason LaCanfora “I’m not sure” about coming back.
- July 24 – Training camp opens. Go fishing in Lousiana.
- Aug 24 – Sign record contract.
- Aug 25 - Report to Vikings camp. Tell press “I’m here to win.” Say you don’t want the focus to be on you. Cry.
Thursday, February 04, 2010
Favre's offseason planner
Yes, this has been circulating for a little while now, but just in case you haven't seen it, it's worth a chuckle: Brett Favre's offseason daily planner...