Here's a sampler of what he said:
- It was a season that did not meet expectations (a-duh!)
- He isn't satisfied.
- Everything is open for review.
- He hasn't made any decisions yet on which coaches will be retained or released.
- He is absolutely certain that the Packers made the right call regarding "the quarterback position."
- They really do want to settle on a consistent starting five on the O-line.
- Jason Spitz will have the opportunity to compete with Scott Wells for the starting center job.
- The loss of DE Cullen Jenkins was a huge blow to the defense (a-duh #2).
- He does not accept "convenient" excuses for the team's performance and record, e.g., no blitzing, being the youngest team in the NFL for the third straight year, etc.
- They will continue to run the zone blocking scheme on offense.
There you have a few of the tidbits from McCarthy's 35-minute Q&A with reporters. You can read the full transcript here.
Have a Happy New Year, Packer fans!!!